Resolve IRS Back Taxes for Less
Our mission is to provide you with honest, trustworthy service
and set realistic resolution expectations that give you peace of mind.

Tax Relief Center FAQs

Q: What should I do if I have received a collection letter or notice from the IRS?

A: Whatever you do, don't ignore these letters or notices from the IRS! They may be auto-generated, but they are quite serious and, if ignored, could lead to a garnishment of your wages, a levy against your bank account or other property, a tax lien or other serious action. The good news is, legal tax remedies and relief is available to taxpayers. This could not only remove tax stress from your life, but it could also save you thousands of dollars or more.

Q: Q.If I don't agree to the amount of taxes the IRS is assessing, can I settle for less?

A: Yes, the IRS may agree to an "Offer in Compromise" whereby you are allowed to settle for less than the full amount owed. The Tax Relief Center can connect you to experienced and successful tax resolution specialists who will take the time to listen and understand the circumstances surrounding your tax issue and, if applicable, work closely with you via an "Offer in Compromise" with the IRS.

Q: Why would the IRS agree to reduce the amount of money that I owe in taxes?

A: There are several reasons why the IRS would lower your tax liability: They may feel that you simply don't have the financial ability to pay the full amount that you owe within the statutory period for collection. Maybe you don't have enough income, or your health has changed, or other circumstances have created a financial hardship for you.

How Much Can Tax Relief Save You?

Q: What does "doubt as to liability mean" and how could this help reduce my tax liability?

A: "Doubt as to Liability" means that there is a legitimate doubt as to whether the amount of tax liability assessed is actually correct. For example, it is possible that the tax examiner made a mistake or; failed to consider all of the facts surrounding the case or; there are new facts or evidence surrounding the case that must be taken into account.

Q: If I owe the IRS money, but can't afford to pay the full amount, is there a way I can get on a payment plan to avoid serious IRS enforcement actions?

A: Yes, if your financial circumstances make it hard for you to pay in full, the IRS often will agree to extending you payment terms so that you can pay off your tax debt over an acceptable period of time without putting you under undue financial duress. It is important to note, however, that you must live up to the terms of your installment agreement. If you default on your agreement, the IRS could take further enforcement action against you via a federal tax lien or IRS levy.

Q: If I've fallen behind on my taxes and have the ability to pay the original amount but cannot possibly afford to pay all the penalties and interest that has been added on, can I just pay the original amount owed?

A: You may qualify or a Penalty Abatement to get rid of penalties and interest. The IRS may waive penalties and interest for a variety of reasons including medical reasons, poor accounting advice, ignorance of the tax laws that apply, ex-spouses, the need to care and provide for a loved one, and more.

Q: If my spouse and I filed a tax return and the IRS says we are liable for more tax than we paid and they are assessing additional interest and penalties, do I qualify for tax relief?

A: You may qualify for tax relief under the "innocent spouse" defense. This form of tax relief may be granted to a spouse who may not be held liable for penalties and interest assessed for a variety of reasons.

Q: If I am experiencing a tax problem with the IRS, can I represent myself or should I consider getting help from professional tax resolution specialists and attorneys?

A: You have every right to represent yourself and face the IRS alone, but it is important to understand that IRS tax issues and enforcement measures are based on federal law. Unless you have a strong understanding of complex federal tax code, legal tax remedies, and all of the tax relief options available to you, it is a wise choice to take the time to speak to an experienced team of tax relief specialists - experts who have a proven track record of providing taxpayers with relief. This could not only remove tax stress and give you much needed peace of mind, but it could also, quite possibly, save you thousands of dollars as well.

Get Tax Relief. You Deserve to Know
Your Legal Rights and Options

The Tax Relief Center Promise: Fill out the brief form on this page, and a professional tax resolution specialist will contact you, take the time to listen and understand your situation, and inform you of legal tax relief options available to you. There is no charge for this tax relief consultation and you are under no obligation. The Tax Relief Center strives to connect you to tax relief specialists of honesty and integrity - tax relief experts who will serve you with professionalism and respect.

Get your case reviewed by Tax Analysts, Tax Attorneys, and even ex-IRS agents
Compare your tax relief options and benefits and decide what's best
If you choose, your case can be mediated on your behalf with the IRS to arrive at the best possible IRS concessions
Get My Review
Owe IRS back taxes and worried about an IRS lien or levy?
For expedited tax relief assistance (personal or business taxes) Call the IRS Fresh Start Helpline:
Listen to the stories of people just like you and how they overcame their back taxes.
I found out I had a tax lien of $250,000 from taxes that I hadn't filed..."
—Richard, VA
"...Because of some difficult family problems and a divorce and some financial issues...I did not file my income properly..."
—Paul, NJ
"...we had gotten a letter from the IRS basically threatening to levy against our property and it's scary..."
—Sharon, OH
For immediate assistance with an IRS tax matter call , or request online.
We understand IRS issues are stressful and complicated. Just answer a few questions online to help us find the best course of action for you. If you prefer you may call toll-free .
Get your free case review by Tax Analysts, Tax Attorneys,
       and even ex-IRS agents by calling .
Compare your tax relief options and benefits and
       decide what's best.
Upon your approval, your case can be mediated with
       the IRS
to arrive at the best possible IRS resolution.
Even if you haven't filed for one or more years, and don't have your tax documents available, we can automatically access your records for you and provide your free tax resolution assessment.
BBB A+ Rated
Powered by Envoy
Request a free tax resolution assessment in minutes.